Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Heckovalotta Roses

Wow. I did not not know that one could stay up until after 3AM looking for the perfect rose...

Now I know.




These first three I love for their silhouette... Love.


(this last one might be a teeensy bit too perfect)



These three I like for their lovely spiraling centers...

(I love how simple this one is)



That first one might be IT, but I didn't want to post only one photo after looking for so long!
Let's take another look...



I'd like to take this (or a combination of these flowers) and do something like this:





Then Again... Mum reminded me tonight that the Rennie MackIntosh roses are very simple and beautiful. Something like this would be really nice too.





What do you think?




A Note on Centers...
When I was little, we used to go on these looooong car trips (from London to FLORIDA) with my Nona who is this skinny little bit of a thing from Boston. She used to carry this big plastic bag of little sugar-free candies in her 'pocketbook' and would launch them my way any chance she got. She always used to say 'DON'T chew! Suck on it and when you get to the middle, there is a soft chewy Santa'. Well. Let me tell you. I would take that candy out of my mouth every two seconds and look and loook, waiting for a chewy Santa to appear in the middle of my dime sized sugar-free candy. It took an embarrassingly long time to comprehend that she was saying 'center' in her wicked-thick Boston accent ...sadly... NOT Santa. Every time I think the the word center, I think of all those little candies I ate in vain, looking for that chewy little Santa.
Now you Know...

1 comment: