Thursday, April 23, 2009

Roses... in black and white.

After much searching and many side-by-side comparisons I've chosen my favorite flowers.

Then I took away all their pretty color and ramped up the contrast using Jack's very advanced version of iphoto.



I'm thinking the next step will be to soften edges, cut out the background and re-create the image in two contrasting colors - making a sort of screen-print-esque 2 dimensional look. This I can then emblazon all over my website, business cards, and use to make stickers that will personalize my packaging.

The question is... Pink? Is that too obvious?

I mean you ALL know what color I'm thinking here...right?


No?

You Should, so you'll just have to *wait for it*!

Photoshop, here I come!
(Thanks Diana!)


PS - They look pretty hot with the colors popped too...


1 comment:

  1. I think that the b&w shots are the classiest, and if the image is going to be background for business cards, tags, etc. it might be most simple to keep the colours basic. However, the popped coral colour is AMAZE.

    I'm so excited for this project!

    ReplyDelete